NMD Ben Player Quantum ISS PP Bodyboard
NMD BEN PLAYER QUANTUM ISS PP Bodyboard
“After 30 years of testing and development, I have finally found a board with the perfect balance between drive with maneuverability. The Tapered QuadConcave offers the same traction and acceleration of the original Quad, with the looseness and release of the WiFly V2, making what I believe is the most perfect bodyboard ever created”
UNRIVALED SPEED. UNMATCHED RECOIL. UNBELIEVABLE CONTROL.
The all-new Quantum Series has been designed for the advanced rider and represents the pinnacle in advanced bodyboard design. We started with the dynamic loading principals of PFS-T and reconfigured the QuadConcave to match the tapered beam orientation. The result is the fastest board we’ve ever tested.
- Core- PFST-PP- Dual Divinycell PFS beams feature 1° of toe-in from tail to nose. This effectively positions the beams in-line with the leading hand, elbow and hip for optimal dynamic loading, resulting in enhanced flexion recoil and projection. Constructed from premium grade 1.9 lb density Arpro Polypropylene resins, Kinetic Core™ delivers amazing projection and response as a result of high pressure cell-fusion created during the blank manufacturing process.
- Slick- Surlyn slick - Surlyn is a unique, rubber like combination of ethylene resins and other copolymers invented and manufactured by the chemical geniuses at DuPont. Unlike rigid plastics, Surlyn has amazing flexural stiffness that allows a board to conform and contort to the curve of the wave when controlled by applied pressure from the rider. When the torque is released, the dynamic memory properties of the Surlyn deliver instant recoil, projecting the board onto the next section. Surlyn is so strong that it is used as the cover for golf balls due to its unique abilities to resist cutting and abrasions from golf club impact. Surlyn is the slick of choice for high end bodyboards.
- React Mesh: Diamond shaped mesh weave fused between the boards core and slick bottom for enhanced stiffness and recoil.
- Tail- Crescent
- Tapered Quad Concave- The new tapered QuadConcave is shaped with custom-built Aku CNC precision. The angled taper follows the PFS-T beam orientation, creating hydrodynamic lift through the tail for lightning fast board speed and enables quicker release out of turns without sacrificing edge control.
- Deck Contours
ISS Stringer System- Interchangeable Stringer System™ revolutionizes bodyboarding by giving the rider the freedom to fine tune the flex of their board to better suit the wave and water conditions. Using patented ‘load and lock’ technology, ISS® stringers are inserted and removed with the turn of a key. The ISS® range of stringers utilize the latest in composite construction and manufacturing technology to create a quiver of shafts that covers virtually the full spectrum of a riders flex requirement. (Board comes with one standard flex stringer, additional flex's sold separately)
- Nose bulbs
- Quantum Surlyn Deck Logo: The insert logos are die-cut from Surlyn slick skin and set in place into the NXLPE deck sheet. When heat laminate a 1.5mm IXPP backing to the underside of the deck sheet, via our proprietary heat activated bonding film, which creates a waterproof membrane between the deck skin and the core.